Friday, March 16, 2018

MFT Sketch Challenge 376 - Mermazing Birthday

For this week's sketch I made a birthday card for an eight year old girl who loves mermaids.  I started off by stamping the Whimsical Waves Background stamp on watercolor paper in my MISTI.   I used  Blue Raspberry hybrid ink, then I stamped it again with Versamark ink and heat embossed it with WOW clear embossing powder.  Next I colored the waves with Zig markers and let the panel dry.

The mermaid, fish, turtle, shell and rock are colored with Copic markers.  I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment on the rock after I lightly colored it.  The fish are coated with Clear Wink of Stella, and the tutrle's shell has two layers of Glossy Accents on it.  I also used Glossy Accents to make tiny bubbles near the fish.  I used a clear glitter pen to make scales on the mermaid's tail.

I love these little mermaids, and I know the little girl I made the card for will love it too.  Thanks so much for taking a look, I appreciate it!




 
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhGafFhnuibWJhNG_snJQUo9JBNPXiQ1LQysrmJYuvj0SG5P5lTVF5m1CrXjVSI_KXeJ-MYJhxhAFaq2HeVNOMbON5RCML1cekguVUKA7UO0qqG_67IKfUMWD8fw6TYa2Br34ourygwjGXj/s1600/MFT_WSC_376.jpg 

MFT Supplies:
Mermazing stamps and dies
Whimsical Waves Background stamp
Sending Smooches sentiment stamp

2 comments:

  1. Hello to another Nancy! Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog! Your card is so beautiful! You really captured the ocean vibe! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card and when I came to your blog, your sweet Sadie's face made me smile.

    ReplyDelete